Friday, November 1, 2013

Favorite Five Friday: DIY Christmas Decor

With Halloween over and Thanksgiving only right around the corner, now is the perfect time to start planning Christmas decor. One of my many favorite things about Christmas is definitely all the decorations but it can easily get expensive. Luckily, this is the age of DIY so I'm sharing my favorite five DIY Christmas decor projects.

{Photo credit: Done Over Decor - Blog no longer exists}

1) I'm a sucker for no-sew anything so this no-sew ruffle tree skirt is on my to-do list this year. I can't find the tutorial that goes with the picture shown but I managed to find someone else who made their own. Click HERE to view the tutorial. 

{Photo Credit: MopHeads}

2) I remember the days of boring, plain wreaths and I wasn't really a fan but I'm loving all these over the top wreaths now. The one pictured is no exception. You can buy them but I think its way more fun to make them personally. There are tutorials everywhere but they are pretty simple to make even without. 


3) This is crazy easy yet super cute and cheap to make. You could also make these to spell out a word and hang on the wall. 


4) This is just too cute and again, very simple! You can find lanterns like this anywhere and with a quick paint job (if needed), some extra ornaments, and a scrap of ribbon you can make this.


5) I LOVE this for families that have small children. Picture yourself as a child and imagine how cool it'd be to have your fridge be a snowman during Christmas time. Maybe its just me but I think that'd be pretty awesome. This is super cheap to do and I bet all kiddos would love it. 

So now that I've covered my favorite five DIY Christmas decor projects, I'd like to hear what your favorite are. Share in the comments below. 

~Taylor



3 comments:

  1. I don't know why I haven't thought of that before! I'll need a lot of tape as my fridge isn't magnetic, but I'll definitely have to do something like this. Especially since we don't really get snow here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the lack of snow which is why I try to be extra festive for Winter holidays. Also, I recommend Scotch double sided tape if you do this .. its SUPER sticky and nothing like regular scotch tape. =)

      Delete
  2. I love it! I found the original instructions at: http://apaintednest.blogspot.com/2011/12/diy-ruffle-tree-skirt.html.

    ReplyDelete