Hi everyone! The last few weeks have been pretty tough on me but I'm ready to get back to blogging now. As some of you know, I'm getting married soon ... 43 days away to be exact or December 28th for those of you that don't like math, like me. When my fiance & I got engaged, we decided we wanted to DIY pretty much everything. We couldn't see spending $27k (national average) on a wedding but it was also because we love to DIY whenever possible, so favors were no exception. We tossed around many ideas but ultimately decided on s'mores. Originally we wanted to do a s'mores bar but our venue is against open flames so we decided on individually packaged kits that our guests could bring home. S'mores are classic American treats loved by everyone and we also thought it tied in with our winter wedding. Most everyone we know loves to light a bonfire and gather around with friends and family during the winter. We made 120 s'mores favors for around $40. That is almost unheard of, right? And they were very super easy to put together.
WHAT WE USED:
(4) Wilton Cellophane Treat Bags 25pk - $8
(3) 5-Yd rolls of 1/4" ribbon - $3
(3) Boxes Honey Graham Crackers - $6.50
(20) Hershey Fun size bars 6pk - $20
(4) Bags of Large Marshmallows - $4
1) Break a graham cracker sheet in half and put it in a treat bag.
2) Add 1 hershey bar and 1 large marshmallow.
3) Tie the bag shut with ribbon and trim most of the excess treat bag off. I left about 1 1/2" above where I tied.
My fiance and I were able to complete this project in just a couple hours and it was well worth the time to save so much money. It was also pretty fun to assemble these.